Sunday, September 12, 2010

School is boring. Cupcakes are fun.

I am at the present time, in a Dynamics of Addictions class. For school. I'm not addicted to anything that I'm aware of. I know..the first sign is denial. I suppose if I was addicted to anything, I would say it was trying to create something unique and different foodwise. I like to have my own spin on things. This does not always work out. Many times in my attempt to be different, I succeed. And by succeed I mean I create something quite disgusting. But it is different. Still, the goal is to make it something delicious.


The cupcakes pictured at the bottom of this post were yummy. Well. So I heard. I actually never tried them. Oddly enough, I am not cake, cupcake or frosting's biggest fan. I only enjoy the creation part. Anyway, I did start off with the intention of creating a neopolitan cupcake. I was sooo excited because it came out of the oven beautifully. Perfect amount, perfect color, perfect. And then I smelled them. Let me tell you, I may not enjoy the taste of these widely accepted as delicious treats, but I do love the smell. And by knowing how cupcakes should smell, I could tell something was different. I believe I had my brother and my mother taste them and both agreed quite forcibly that they were, in fact, quite the opposite of edible. So. Into the garbage went my beautiful cupcakes. I think the problem was the amount of dye in them. Dye tends to ruin the flavor if you use a lot of it. I wish I had a picture. They were so pretty.


Moving on. Since I had previously mentioned on this same evening that I would be bringing a treat to a friend's house, I had to create something. I decided on a mud caramel cupcake with a sugary whipped topping (that I actually did find to tickle my tastebuds in all the right ways) and molded chocolate hearts with red sprinkles. Who doesn't enjoy sprinkles from time to time? This in mind, I got on it. I made the cupcakes which, of course, did not come out as beautifully as the neopolitan ones. The were sunken in and a little too moist. Still, I pushed through and came out with the pictured cupcakes. As it was Februrary, I felt it was quite fitting and I was pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment