Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Are they called nails or claws? Talons? Anyway, they're shiny.

Once, my little cousin turned 1. You only turn 1 once. I doubt he remembers it. Yet, I was ecstatic upon being asked to help make his cake by my aunt. We went to some grocery store in Provo that has a name but I really cannot remember what it was. But that is beside the point. The point is we searched for candies and things to use as the parts of a dog. We used fruit roll-ups as the collar/tongue, a single Junior Mint for the nose, Necco Wafers for the whites of the eye and the tag, some unknown blue candy (jelly beans?) for the eyes and coconut for a maltese look. I kind of wonder if we were making a replica of my dog, Kiwi. He's a maltese and minus the blue eyes, this cake was him. Hmm. I'll have to check on that. Anyway, my aunt actually made the cake part and then I came over and we came up with this while we ate delicious Costa Vida salads. The next day, we celebrated in a park and I my cousin was as excited as a 1 year old knows how to be.

I love coconut. And fruit roll-ups. And Necco Wafers. Even though I've been told eating them is like eating multiple tums.

No comments:

Post a Comment