Sunday, October 31, 2010

Who ya gonna call??

Must have been a ghost at my sister's dance studio as I spotted THIS in the parking lot. It took everything I had to not ask for a ride..or if I could just hold the Proton gun I'm SURE was hiding in the backseat. Halloween coinkidink? I think NOT.



Alright. I struggle with blogging. But I had to get something on here for the month of October. I do realize nothing can top seeing the Ghostbusters' van/car but here's some things from the month anyway.



Cake I made for a birthday surprise! I made the bottom two layers with the help of my lovely assistant..ok my mom and a great lady in the neighborhood took on the camera. And she did a great job. So fun. I loved playing with the marbled fondant on the bottom tier for an ocean look. Cool.






Next.





My boss had me make a surprise cake for his wife for their 10th anniversary.  He wanted half the cake to be about him and half to be about her. It was too small of a cake to be completely half and half so this is what I came up with. 


I have to admit...I had a fondant crisis. I tried to do purple fondant and for some reason it was a disaster. Not a good day for fondant. So I took it off and just let it be frosted. Worked out alright.

Tonight, it is Halloween. So. If you've had a dose of a freaky ghost..who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! What? You can't tell me it's not stuck in your head too.




They might look more like mummies...hmm. Either way. I like em.

 Ooookay.

So I didn't make this and it isn't dessert. But it's too cute to boot. So love it with me.


The bread bowl was purchased at a grocery store and I made the soup with my bf. Wisconsin Cauliflower. Yes...like the delicious creation they serve up at Zupas. Tasted just like it. Jealous? I would be too. So cute. LOOVE the pumpkin. I hope they make bread bowl turkeys for Thanksgiving...and we could serve..mashed potatoes in them?

Alright well when it comes through your door, unless you just want some more I think you better call...Ghostbusters! Ow! 

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! This is my favorite post so far. I am your number one fan. I looooovvvveee both of the cakes. Holy moly you are so talented! I probably brag to everyone I know. Those ghost cupcakes are adorable. Did you give them to your beehives? I probably would have asked if I could have a ride in the car too.. orrrrr at least took a peak on the inside. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Looks amazing. You just keep getting better and better. I think the airplane cake is up there with one of your best, along with Kris and Jared's cake of course. I REALLY missed having you help me this year with Carter's cake. You are so talented and it is so fun to read your blog. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that birthday cake! the bottom is my favorite. it's so perfect.
    you are the best. around. no ones ever gonna get you down. youre the best. arouund.
    (i don't know who sings that but it's on the karate kid)
    i love that you are blog active!

    ReplyDelete